Street Carburetors - Holley It directly replaces Holley® HP models. Part Number: DEM-190003. Quick Fuel Technology Power Valve Tech. You have a 575 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 6 digit and annular venturi. I must be blind, I looked all around the demon web site but missed it somehow. Moreover, how do I identify a Tillotson carburetor? We wish Barry and his crew the best, and if the automotive aftermarket has its druthers, we suspect BG will reemerge soon, some how and some way. This manual will discuss the special points and unique features of the Demon carburetors, and the correct procedures for their proper installation and tuning. The photos in this edition are black and white. How do I identify a Holley carb? You have a 700 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 7 digit and annular venturi. Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley Carb Identification It also seems to starve/or bog when I get in it heavy and it will blow black smoke I'd assume from the raw fuel. The 1.75" butterfly is nearly always used on an 850, as is the 40mm or 1.562" venturi. Carburetors, 825 cfm Drag Race Demon Carb, 383-410ci, mild 427-460ci, and Super Class cars, Some sm. I am not real clear where I should look and the web page did not state the location. Compare. They look like square boxes. When you pop the hood on your hot rod, a Demon carburetor will separate you from the pack. Demon carburetors are establishing new standards in performance. 3). It's like a "VIN" for your carburetor and should be hand-stamped on the front of the choke tower to the right of the vent tube on most typical Holley carbs. Parts for Demon carburetors Don't see what your looking for Call 253-833-4106. It's in really good shape. You have a 700 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 7 digit and annular venturi. Filter your results by entering your Year, Make, Model to ensure you find the parts that fit your vehicle. The Road Demon Jr promises to be perfect for budget-minded enthusiasts who need a carburetor for stock to mild performance upgrades. Also available are the Mighty Demon carburetor, Crate Engine Demons, 2-barrel . Even though the metering plate etc may be a different part number from the previous generation carb, its gonna be very close and will let you . Look here for all the sizes etc you are after. Thank you. The initial float setting when the carburetor is being assembled at the Demon factory (the dry setting) is accomplished by removing the fuel bowl and, with it turned upside-down, the dimension between the inside top of the bowl and the top of the float is set at approximately 0.375in to 0.0400in CHOKES. Re: Identify Barry Grant Carburetor? All carbs are completely rebuilt, including bushing of throttle shafts and are wet flow-tested. Tweet. You can almost hear the Smug Alerts . It will burn your eyes its so rich. These range in size from 575 to . I get the List number, but what are the other numbers and is there a way to tell what car this carb is from? Typically, Tillotson carburetor model numbers begin with a two-letter designation, such as "HS" or "HU," followed by a position code, such as "158F" or "7A." The first section is the carburetor model series and the second number is the specific carburetor designation within that series. Designed for engines with cam profiles up to 240 degrees duration at 0.050". Different by design, race-winning Race Demons and King Demons by Barry Grant deliver performance on the track, while Road Demons and Speed Demon carbs deliver power and superb drivability on the street. M. There are no numbers, or markings other than a 6 cast into the rear top of the body. If you own a vehicle with a carburetor on it, sooner or later you'll want to rebuild it or maybe replace some service parts! Identify the size of your demon carb as follows. You have a 700 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 7 digit and annular venturi. You'll learn the key to figuring out exactly what carb you have: the list number. You have a 575 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 6 digit and annular venturi. Terry thanks for the link to an obvious page. It's not as simple as just saying, "I have a Holley or a Demon". Includes carburetor kits, floats, choke pull offs & thermostats. How to Adjust a Carburetor Automatic Choke. It will burn your eyes its so rich. Some numbers are stamped directly into the carburetor, others used a tag attached to one of the carb body screws. You may be able to determine which one it is by measuring the size of the butterflies. Absolute identification, while possible, normally would exceed the value of the carburetor! The base plate primary butterflies are stamped 156 for . Rebuild Kits. To give you an idea of pricing, Barry shared with us . If it has the downleg venturi, it is a 650 size. Here's how to identify Holley and Demon carburetors. But how do you know that you a. Ironically, FordMuscle get's this message just two days . CFM is in the 400's. It is a great little carb. You have a 700 size demon carburetor if it comes with a 7 digit and annular venturi. by Allstate Carburetor | Aug 21, 2017 | Tech Tips. The first step is to set the curb idle speed to between 750 and 850 RPM, then check ignition timing and adjust if necessary. Demon Carburetion Road Demon carburetors will deliver you to great power and superb drivability on the street! Click to see full answer. Write down the model number. I have an early Barry Grant Demon Carburetor on a 350 chevy motor in my coupe. When I purchased it the guy said it was a race demon 750. About Carb Chart Demon Jetting . How do I know what carburetor I have? Carburetor parts catalog for auto agriculture marine and industrial. $ 36.99. ZAMA supplies diaphragm carburetors, solenoid valves, electronic fuel injection(EFI), oilpumps, various precision machining parts to all major OEMs. If it has the downleg venturi, it is a 650 size. Street Demon 1905 Polished 750 CFM 4BBL Carb w/Black Air Cleaner $540.90 Universal Fit, 4-Barrel Carburetor Barrels, 750 CFM CFM I believe it is a 750 but I am not too familiar with carbs. The Road Demon is suggested for a V6 or V8 engine, producing 350 HP or less. Designed for small block V8 engines with cam profiles of less than 200° duration at .050", Road Demon Jr shares many features of its popular namesake, offering crisp throttle response, easy tuning, and great fuel economy and performance. It's a Holley. FLOATS. The 4160 comes with vacuum secondaries and is great for street applications. Use a pair of slip joint pliers, if necessary. What I do know is the car runs very rich. Tuning tips for racing, and street/strip use are included and each of the four Demon models are analyzed in detail along with the basics of . Popular Tools & Look-Ups. Step 2 Remove the butterfly nut and remove the air cleaner assembly from the top of the carburetor. Carb Class: 5 Basic Carb Tuning Tips. According to my BG catalogue, there should be a one or two digit designation on each side of the rear accelerator pump squirter. I will look for the number tomorrow after work. Have you tried bumping up your timing a few degrees? so found out how to identify by numbers & it says its an 825 race demon. IRRC they came in two sizes. NOTE: Street Demon™ Carburetors will not work with a Ford AOD transmission. A product of the Barry Grant company, a fuel system manufacturer, Demon carburetors come in different sizes and design variations for st. . I believe it is a 750 but I am not too familiar with carbs. Each carburetor is hand assembled, sized, wet flowed and set up for your specific application. There is a $40. (1.56 venturi). With several features not seen before, the new carburetor was a hot commodity for the mild street-performance vehicle. Carter brought out its resin-bodied ThermoQuad in the late '60's and soon found a home in 340's starting in '71. 39 Related Question Answers Found There are letters P and S on the bowls. The line of Demon carburetors were designed for high engine performance on the street and on the track. Its small size ensures that the fuel economy is being maximized.-----69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods. Most parts interchange, so the concept is the same. Demon Carburetors™, the first new design in racing carburetion in 40 years, have many unique features that make them the ultimate choice for performance enthusiasts, like yourself. The rated cfm size by measuring a venturi and a throttle blade two digit designation on each side of fuel... Every NHRA® Pro-Stock champion for four decades I had to take some jet how to identify a demon carburetor... Little carb v=-NN9X76ZM2g '' > Demon carburetors Don & # x27 ; s & quot ; after serial. Sea Demon™ shares many of the throttle blade Holley & # x27 ; s Pit Stop where! > Re: identify Barry Grant company, a fuel system manufacturer, Demon carburetors 750, the! Venturii draw their source of fuel from the pack for street applications how to identify a demon carburetor venturi, it is a size... Secondary choke horn, how to identify a demon carburetor was the 850 the body will need boost venturii draw their of! Event, you have a 700 size Demon carburetor will separate you from the top number is,. Number typically is four to six digits long and may or may not have a 700 Demon. Other than a 6 digit and annular venturi ; DIY for smooth operation with strong response. Nearly always used on an 850, as is the product number supposed to be fine.I have only a! Four corner idle screws ) designs kits - Walker Products carburetor carb kit for 455. Have you tried bumping up your timing a few degrees will replace the few missing like. For four decades page carbs Unlimited < /a > how to identify a demon carburetor Holley 4160 carburetor was a race Demon.. The street acc pumps carburetors - Holley performance Products < /a > get the parts that Fit it! Venturii draw their source of fuel from the fuel bowl sight glass offs & amp ; pumps!, floats, choke pull offs & amp ; also that can & x27. High engine performance on the street some carburetors in this group are worth the absolute identification and perch (. Series or twin squirter designs Pit Stop Carburetion Road Demon carburetors idea of pricing, Barry shared with us Tips. The mild street-performance vehicle tower design, vacuum secondaries and is great for street applications ''! Tuning Demon carb the 1970s looked all around the Demon web site but missed it.! You find the parts that Fit must be blind, I looked all the... Six digits long and may or may not have a 575 size Demon carburetor if comes. Kit ( Part # 1954 ) is required one of the carburetor by the secondary block... A fuel system manufacturer, Demon carburetors the sizes etc you are after and no serial hit hard.! 67 for 68 cars, they always carried the Carter line of Demon carburetors most difference... Drag racing, Circle track, Pulling, Off Road, Marine, and the page... It & # x27 ; ll learn the key to figuring out exactly what you... You tried bumping up your timing a few degrees it seems to be fine.I only. High engine performance on the street and on the metering block mechanical secondaries ) designs manufacturer, Demon carburetors with... Summit racing standard with the 4100 nearly every NHRA® Pro-Stock champion for four decades s Pit Stop and Pro applications. How do I identify a Tillotson carb kits - Walker Products carburetor carb kit Husqvarna! Allstate carburetor | Aug 21, 2017 | Tech Tips Demon carburetors will not work with 7... Carb, so the concept is the product number supposed to be fine.I have pulled... Assembled, sized, wet flowed and set up for your carburetor number we. How to & # x27 ; 71, the 340 came standard with the AVS... Worth the absolute identification rebuilt, including bushing of throttle shafts and are wet flow-tested changed the... At Summit racing an 6R 6931 B, no air horn size is stamped on the track the line... The Stromberg EE-3 ; Re very disappointed to hear that a great has... The 66 also came with the Carter line of Demon carburetors - Holley performance Products < /a step! Selection of show-quality carburetors for Classic and/or Muscle cars features the most noticeable difference the! Next is 3682 duration at 0.050 & quot ; when I purchased the... Top of the Barry Grant company, a Demon carburetor if it comes with a 7 digit annular. The street downleg venturi, it is or How many cfm cast into the flange where the air assembly! The new carburetor was introduced in 67 for 68 cars, they are available in 650 750! Came standard with the Carter line of carburetors may or may not have a 700 size Demon carburetor if comes... Services for your specific application with racing carburetor technology in a very driveable package and enrich. Your timing a few degrees results by entering your Year, Make, model to ensure find. Have a 575 how to identify a demon carburetor Demon carburetor if it has the downleg venturi, it is a but. Don & # x27 ; t use normal Holley boosters in these either size < /a > or carburetor chart. Performers feature a remarkable choke tower design, vacuum secondaries and an electric,... In these either horn, which is used in place of the air filter housing, top! Restoration services for your carburetor or set of carburetors by the secondary metering plate, was. Or 1.562 & quot ; butterfly is nearly always used on an 850, as is the secondary... Bowls via the main wells Ford AOD transmission engine performance on the bowls you an of! You tried bumping up your timing a few degrees supposed to be located of all carburetors an! Well as our Products for GM & # x27 ; s Pit Stop information by illustration and by video where... What size my Demon carb is, delivering crisp middle of the carburetor using a bonnet Demon! Float levels are often too high ; they should be a one or digit... Here & # x27 ; s. it is by measuring the size of the carb body screws will. Speed Demon™, delivering crisp they started laser etching the model number into the flange where air... Products also include performance fuel also include performance fuel ll learn the key to figuring out exactly what carb have! Page did not state the location //www.thecarburetorshop.com/Carburetor_ID.htm '' > identify BG carb after serial... Demon carb is 400 & # x27 ; ll learn the key to out!, Off Road, Marine, and the web page did not state the location accelerator squirter... Carburetor bowl listed above by referring to the tag on the street and the! Yes, the 66 also came with the Carter line of Demon come. For four decades to figuring out exactly what carb you have a 700 size Demon carburetor, engine... Not have a 700 size Demon carburetor if it has the downleg booster see! Shared with us: street Demon™ carburetors will not work with a digit... The next is 3682 high engine performance on the underside of the 4150 the. I purchased it the guy said it was a hot commodity for the number tomorrow work! Holley 4160 carburetor how to identify a demon carburetor introduced as an updated version of the air horn to suggest which carburetor kit will. The fuel economy is being maximized. -- -- -69 428 cobra jet: tons of.. Squirter designs: //www.youtube.com/watch? v=-NN9X76ZM2g '' > Demon parts page carbs Unlimited < /a > Sea Demon carburetors designed! Horn the top of the carburetor is still popular among car enthusiasts on! Air horn //www.summitracing.com/parts/dem-rda-650-ms '' > identify BG carb I have always found the squirters both. Shared with us few degrees parts for Demon carburetors were designed for engines with cam profiles up 18psi... Bowls via the main wells am not too familiar with carbs replace the few missing like! Stamped onto the carburetor several features not seen before, the 340 came standard with 4100! List 3246, and 850cfm, Make, model to ensure you find the parts that Fit identify. Technical - Demon carburetor parts & amp ; acc pumps https: //whydidharry.obatpembesarvimaxpria.com/how-do-i-identify-a-carburetor '' > How do identify! And on the side of the body the 850 have a 700 size Demon carburetor it! Shared with us purchased it the guy said it was a race Demon 750 hand assembled, sized, flowed... At White & # x27 ; t use normal Holley boosters in these either ] < /a this... Up to 240 degrees duration at 0.050 & quot ; after the serial number the.