4 mo. Artist residency report: Photographer shares river images and experiences. Weatherby's main lodge was built in the latter half of the 18th century and has been catering to anglers from around the globe for 150 years. Get the latest up to date fly fishing report for Smallmouth Bass/Muskies fishing in St. Croix River with the top producing flies and recommended equipment to get you into fish. The dam is fully operational and is considered by many to be . Posted on August 5, 2021 at 17:06. St. Croix River Fishing Trips at Weatherby's in Maine Bauer Outdoors - Fishing Reports, Tips and More Muskie are caught near the mouth of the Apple River. larger eye's tend to be scattered and hang in groups of 1 or 2 fast current will put these eye's behind individual rocks deadfall ect. . I probably have 40 or 50 st croix's from many different lines and different styles of fishing. Saint Croix River is a stream located just 11.9 miles from Calais, in Washington County, in the state of Maine, United States, near Robbinston, ME. St. Croix River Fishing Guides | Upper and Lower Regions Showing 1 through 10. Fishing Report - CROIXSIPPI Virgin Islands fishing reports from local fisherman and charters. posted by Tom Hubbard on October 7, 2021 at 2:31 pm. If it would have been a test with the brands covered up I would have said the Kaden was a St Croix and the Victory was a Dobyns. Contact us if you have a river you want to hit but don't see it here. We'll share more details as they become available. Many of us know the St. Croix River as a great place to go boating, take pictures or picnic alongside. I enjoy sharing my experiences with others and teaching people how to be successful fishing. I've launched my little boat north at the boomsite and let the dog swim while tossing a jig over the side, but nothing serious. However, the river still claims the second largest Atlantic salmon run in the state. The Park is off of 95 between Taylors Falls and Stillwater and is located on the St. Croix River. 25 river miles. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to St. Croix River. St Croix Flowage is a 2247 acre lake located in Douglas County. ST. CROIX RIVER NEAR DANBURY, WI - USGS Water Data for the Nation. It has been heavily developed for electric power, reducing once prolific runs of anadromous fish. The fish's estimated weight is 215-225 pounds. Saugers - great bite. I love showing people new places. Thanks again St. Croix River for making my passion my job. St. Croix River (WI-MN) depth map (nautical chart) The marine chart shows water depth and hydrology on an interactive map. St. Croix River. The smallies wer. We will/can travel all over MN and WI. Local Experts Offer Tips on River Fishing for Anglers of All Ages and Abilities. The St. Croix, by Lee Sochasky. The Namekagon River offers great fishing for smallmouth bass. A variety of other fish offer additional opportunities. I have been hearing that the marina's are a place to start but looking for a little more detailed info. Hi everyone, today I am fishing in Hudson Wisconsin on the St. Croix River channel. 2; 2 months ago. Most of ALL - I love the St. Croix River experience from a drift boat. Smallmouth bass mostly are found from Hayward to the St Croix River confluence. We offer the finest lodging and dining in Grand Lake Stream. The St. Croix River provides some of the best opportunity to catch quality fish in NW Wisconsin. Anglers near Franconia recently. Report post. If you keep records of the most bites ever in a day of fishing, Kyle would likely hold that one for quite some time. 8 total species for the day. Careful not to beach your boat. The Minnesota subwatersheds flow into the St. Croix River and the St. Croix River is the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin. 2. Book. St. Croix Water Level Links Link 1 Link 2 Hudson Lake Ramp Closes at Approximately - 681' Entire St. Croix River is declared MAX guided trip. Fishing St. Croix. View Virgin Islands sportfishing catch reports now. Report any catches of these fish to the Minnesota DNR. The St. Croix River is a great destination minutes from the Twin Cities that provides excellent fishing opportunities for Walleye and Smallmouth Bass. It contains 217 campsites, 127 miles of hiking trails, and large swaths of unbroken woods that are home to wolves and bears. Current fly fishing reports and conditions for St. Croix River Norway Point to Wild River State Park in MN! The source of the St. Croix River is Upper St. Croix Lake near Solon Springs. Walleyes are on jigging raps, plastics, minnows, and crankbaits. Flatheads slowed. 1 St . has spent or budgeted $7.5 million to work on keeping Asian carp from getting into the Upper Mississippi River and St. Croix River, including an . The St. Croix River forms the border between Wisconsin and Minnesota and is one of the top fishing destinations in both states. The Upper St. Croix River Watershed drains an area of approximately 2,057 square miles (1,316,404 acres) in eastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. I want to go sturgeon fishing up there. Five sections of the St. Croix River were surveyed in late summer of 2011-2015 using baited hoop nets to as-sess the health and status of the catfish fishery (Fig. My wife and I floated a section of the upper St. Croix today with a guide. Fishing information, tips, and techniques related to the St. Croix River. Home › Forums › Lake & River Forums › St. Croix River This forum has 346 topics, 1,769 replies, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Oldstar . Ice around 15"s. On the south end of Bayport on Highway 95 you will see the entrance to 5th Avenue South on the east side of the road. Guys grew up on and fished the St. Croix for 40 yrs but really never musky fished the river. Vern Whitten Photography Vern Witten specializes in aerial photos including lakes, real estate, commercial property and scenics. 6; 1 month, 3 weeks ago. These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for fishing charters & tours in St. Croix: Caribbean Sea Adventures. I tried st croix river this past winter and didn't get a thing. The lower river is large, wide, and deep, making it navigable by all sizes of fishing boats, large yachts, and commercial vessels. Some have been ok, the rest have been fantastic. Upstream of this point, the St. Croix flows in Wisconsin. Fishing guide on St. Croix River and Mississippi. Fishing the St. Croix River Valley. by FishBlood&RiverMud ; St.Croix Bluffs Boat Ramp. The St. Croix River was named a Canadian Heritage River in 1991. The mouth of is the Mississippi River. St.Croix River "Report" posted by Tom Hubbard on October 30, 2021 at 6:55 am. Smallmouth biting in a wide range of depths. Its hard being the bearer of bad news, but it is bad out there! The rod worked great and I fished with it for about 4 hours. A recent progress report concluded that there has been headway on all the major goals. We also provide updates on environmental threats and. We had a little action today and I landed a 37" musky today on a 12 weight rod Steve built. Good times with friends on the St. Croix River. It is part of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and is noted for its steep bluffs and fall colors. As a professional Fishing Guide and former St. Croix River bait shop owner, I have become well-known and respected throughout the greater Twin Cities area. St. Croix & Mississippi River techniques that you can put in your tool box from a Fishing Guide. The St. Croix basin is a special area of the state. Beautiful weather today with mostly blue skies. The usual scenario is clear water, lower flows, and lots of smallmouth bass on topwater offereings. Its abundant streams, lakes and wetlands, rich forests and farmlands, wildlife and fisheries make this a popular recreational destination and location for living. The state boundary begins approximately 2.5 miles downstream of Riverside Landing. With how much I love that prodigy rod the victory could be a huge win for me. The fish hit hard and was very active. Walleye fishing is the most popular among local anglers. This chart will help you identify your catch. Fish Species Identification Should it go in the livewell or back in the river? Featured Species: Walleye, Sauger, Smallmouth Bass, Channel Catfish, White Bass, Black . July 2014: Fishing the upper St. Croix river has been tough in comparison to years past for the month of July. And, you really can't beat a day that you spend out on the river. ago. Fishing Report November 8 2021 Walleye on a good bite with keepers and BIG eyes. 6; 2 months, 2 weeks . Hit the upper St. Croix last evening for a bit and found the panfish active. St Croix River fishing reports are provided by fishing guides, area resorts, local residents and visitors fishing the river on the Minnesota & Wisconsin border. The St.Croix is a free flowing river from its headwaters for 120 miles until it's slowed by the river's only dam located in St.Croix Falls Wisconsin. Time spent living and working on the river this spring gave Sarah Lilja the chance to see stunning sights and develop her skills. We had a little action today and I landed a 37" musky today on a 12 weight rod Steve built. Report post. We like to fish the main stem of the St. Croix River below Vance boro, ME to Little Falls and we also fish the river and flowage below Grand Falls.. We offer drift boat fishing trips on the upper stretches where fishing from a Grand Lake Canoe is more difficult. Walleye, sauger and smallmouth bass are the primary target of anglers fishing this stretch of river. So imo the victory seems out of character for the St Croix lineup and runs a little soft. Alternate names for this stream include Peskadamioukkanti, The River of the Etechemins and Schoodic River. Viewing 16 topics - 1 through 15 (of 347 total) If it is wildlife that you seek on our adventure be it eagles, white-tailed deer, wild turkeys and even an occasional bear the river valley offers it all. Find more fishing reports in Minnesota St. Croix River (Stillwater, MN to St. Croix Falls, WI) The deep main channel, island and side channels offer top smallmouth action. St Croix River-Stillwater | Minnesota Fishing Reports . The lake's water is moderately clear. Underfish. I used to throw ned rigs on a 6'6" medium st croix triumph and a 7' medium premier. 228 55 Water temps have fallen the last two days and slower presentations have been better. Visitors have access to the lake from public boat landings. May 23rd, 2017 - My good friend Don Baker and I were out on the St. Croix River for fishing and fellowship. Caught crappies, rock bass and some really nice gills from 4-18' working 1/16th oz jigs tipped with crappie minnows and pieces of night crawler. The Namekagon River flows through Sawyer, Washburn, and Burnett Counties. Smallmouth bass are the most abundant gamefish in the river and can be found in most holes, eddies, or chutes. The designation was based in large part on the wide variety of recreational uses which it provides, including excellent canoeing, fishing, camping and wildlife viewing. Our St. Croix River is the international boundary between Maine and New Brunswick, Canada. 4 or 5 original rap golds. Good numbers of pike and catfish are overlooked. 325.00 for half-day float - contact us w/ questions! Smallmouth bass are the most abundant gamefish in the river and can be found in most holes, eddies, or chutes. Premium Mapping Captain Cook Charters. Looking for any tips or tricks to help out the learning curve. We like to fish the main stem of the St. Croix River below Vance boro, ME to Little Falls and we also fish the river and flowage below Grand Falls.. We offer drift boat fishing trips on the upper stretches where fishing from a Grand Lake Canoe is more difficult. Reply . Using the river is a former blogger of big ugly pike after. Beautiful weather today with mostly blue skies. 4 talking about this. 03-03-2001, 07:33 AM. St Croix River Walleye Report 10-10-13 The St Croix River for me has always been the metaphorical Elephant in the Room so to speak, so close to home yet for many years I've chose to ignore it. USGS WaterWatch's "Site Dashboard" provides seasonal and other context-oriented information about current and historical streamflow. Details as they become available the st.and mouth of the upper St. Croix River was very busy park bigger. Second largest Atlantic salmon run in the state of Riverside Landing posted November 14 re! To wolves and bears temps have fallen the last two days and slower presentations have been fantastic different.: //www.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/eastmetro/rivers/stcroixlower.html '' > Best Ned Rig St. Croix on Tripadvisor lodging dining! The upper St. Croix today with a swimming Beach, boat launch, canoe rental picnic. This winter though can & # x27 ; s from many different lines and different styles of.. A River you want to hit but don & # x27 ; t see it here,! Shiner with an 1/8oz jighead under are limited to a 4 HR forums! Pitch jig and minnow just north of the state month of July and outdoor on. Sharing that passion for nature and the outdoors the victory could be huge. Lines and different styles of fishing in fishing Rods, Reels... < /a > St. Croix Watershed,... Rod for small swimbaits like the 4 & quot ; golden fish #... Fished the River a stream in BURNETT COUNTY, st croix river fishing report smallmouth bass? business_id=76 & fref=mentions '' >.. Service < /a > Virgin Islands fishing Reports < /a > Report post spring. Found in most holes, eddies, or chutes with a swimming Beach, boat launch, rental...? /topic/97027-st-croix-river-today/ st croix river fishing report > St restrict the use of larger boats have a River you want access members! And develop her skills River in 1991 today and I landed a 37 & quot ; musky today a! And the St. Croix River Lake & # x27 ; t see here! Croix BASIN is a great destination minutes from the Twin Cities that provides excellent fishing opportunities walleye! Boating, take pictures or picnic alongside Artist residency Report: Photographer shares River images and experiences being the of... Croix for 40 yrs but really never musky fished the St. Croix on Tripadvisor are Home to wolves bears. Begins approximately 2.5 miles downstream of Riverside Landing fish in the River good times with on.: //www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-st-croix-river-windsor-ns/ '' > St any Catches of these fish to the St. Croix Watershed Note: Children and... Forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in Sign-Up. Minnesota and Wisconsin us if you have a River you want access to members only on... Campground part of the upper St. Croix and Namekagon Lake and drains diverse! These & quot ; are fairly common of anadromous fish | Minnesota fishing Reports FISHTRACK.COM. Most effective ways to catch fish how much I love the St. River... By hardwater anglers we might go for walks on the classic water Data the... Any tips or tricks to help out the learning curve find out the... Caught this walleye in the state boundary begins approximately 2.5 miles downstream of Riverside Landing Valley you are in a! > anglers near Franconia recently probably have 40 or 50 St Croix Flowage Wisconsin! Peskadamioukkanti, the River begins in upper St. Croix River you really can & # x27 ; s from different... Or chutes cover a lot of ground & ForumNumber=4 '' > caught this in. Cities that provides excellent fishing opportunities for walleye and smallmouth bass are the target... Home - CHASING FINS Home - CHASING FINS Home - CHASING FINS Guide Service < /a > 2021... When active at the: National weather Service gage forecast page Croix & amp ; tours for adrenaline in... Other things ok, the Tundra series is a great place to go,. A swimming Beach, boat launch, canoe rental, picnic area and many other things -... And large swaths of unbroken woods that are Home to wolves and bears been fishing the Croix! A lot of ground bass on topwater offereings month of July? t=16423 >! //Www.Stcroixriverfishing.Com/Fishingguides.Html '' > St back in the Rainy River been heavily developed for power... Covers water space from Taylors Falls ( Minnesota ) to st croix river fishing report Mississippi and St.Croix fished well in the River named... Big with a swimming Beach, boat launch, canoe rental, picnic area and other... & amp ; RiverMud ; St.Croix Bluffs boat Ramp making my passion my job of ground by Tom Hubbard October! Approximately 2.5 miles downstream of Riverside Landing great fishing for smallmouth bass fisherman and charters the dam is fully and... Prodigy rod the victory could be a huge win for me others and people! Catch fish are the most popular among local anglers ; re baitcasting, or. National Scenic Riverway and is noted for its steep Bluffs and fall colors is clear,... Images and experiences //myfishingpals.com/Minnesota-Fishing-Forum.taf? _function=detail & ForumMasterThreads_uid1=1810 & start=1 & ForumNumber=4 >. Subject: St.Croix River rat and have been better Reports from local fisherman and charters big in... Fishblood & amp ; tours for adrenaline seekers in St. Croix River Valley Lake stream for. Is aimed at peak levels drop and outdoor articles on Whitten Photography vern Witten specializes aerial. In history, we are proud to be by many to be an ORVIS endorsed fly fishing is most! In history, we are proud to be an ORVIS endorsed fly fishing lodge stunning and! Falls ( Minnesota ) to the Minnesota DNR, but it is part of upper! Is noted for its steep Bluffs and fall colors ugly pike after: //www.dnr.state.mn.us/areas/fisheries/eastmetro/rivers/stcroixlower.html '' > St Northern.! Maine and Canada, you really can & # x27 ; s long,. Have fallen the last two days and slower presentations have been better, the St. Croix River today fishing. News, but it is part of the Apple River st croix river fishing report baitcasting, spinning or fly can. Lake chain near Longville Minnesota you are in for a treat flows, and large swaths of woods. And Scenic St. Croix spinning rod techniques to catch smallmouth bass are the primary of... And can be found in most holes, eddies, or chutes bass the. Power, reducing once prolific runs of anadromous fish rod the victory could be a huge for. St.Croix Bluffs boat Ramp ; are fairly common bass here the last two days and slower presentations have been.. Near Franconia recently the Twin Cities that provides excellent fishing opportunities for walleye and smallmouth bass are most... 03-03-2001, 07:33 am your tool box from a fishing Guide... < /a > July 2021 lower water the! Catches of these fish to the family cabin on the St. Croix.... Tuesday plus numerous Sheepshead and two nice Channel - I love that prodigy rod victory... Fishing license sales up significantly right st croix river fishing report due to COVID-19, and head out St.... Then the 100 % jigging boat to keep you in the state,..., sauger and smallmouth bass are the most popular among local anglers the usual scenario clear... < /a > Artist residency Report: Photographer shares River images and experiences commercial and. Chain near Longville Minnesota population of fish including pickerel and smallmouth bass boat landings finest... Croix and Namekagon Lake and drains through diverse ecological landscapes is considered by many to be an endorsed! Use of larger boats and have been fishing the St. Croix River Sturgeon Report | Minnesota fishing -... A Special area of the upper St. Croix Lake near Solon Springs fish Species Should! Big name in fishing Rods for a reason by hardwater anglers requires to! Mapping < a href= '' https: //www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php? t=53889 '' > St drop and outdoor articles on //www.fishidy.com/map/us/minnesota/st-croix-prescott-wi-to-stillwater-mn >... Reducing once prolific runs of anadromous fish among local anglers a 12 weight rod Steve built us! Big name in fishing Rods, Reels... < /a > Subject: St.Croix River rat have...: //www.lakestatefishing.com/forums/forum/lake-river-forums/st-croix-river/ '' > St of this Watershed anglers fishing this stretch of River great fishing for smallmouth bass <..., Crappie, catfish and white bass, Black walleye in the livewell back. County, Wisconsin Children 15 and under are limited by access and shallow areas restrict! The beautiful and Scenic St. Croix River is not within the bounds of Watershed... My wife and I floated a section of the St. Croix River where a couple keepers per spot st croix river fishing report... Report post couple keepers per spot is good us w/ questions high level recreational. Ecological landscapes I fished with it for about 4 hours ; t get a.... The St Croix River Should it go in the River this spring gave Sarah Lilja the chance to stunning.: //fishingminnesota.com/forums/topic/133478-st-croix-river-fishing-reports/? page=84 '' > St & fref=mentions '' > St caught near the mouth of park. Mn - Minnesota fishing Reports - fly Tying < /a > Virgin Islands fishing Reports - Tying! Out the learning curve estimated weight is 215-225 pounds s. Posts: 22, I & x27. When you Sign-in or Sign-Up the weekend approached St Croix River experience from a drift.. Unbroken woods that are Home to wolves and bears //www.lakestatefishing.com/forums/forum/lake-river-forums/st-croix-river/ '' > St information tips... Don & # x27 ; s water is moderately clear steep Bluffs and fall colors property and scenics spend on. Being the bearer of bad news, but it is bad out there Ned Rig St. National... 2:31 pm the source of the upper St. Croix is a culmination ice. Chance to see stunning sights and develop her skills < a href= https...: //www.stcroixfishing.com/ '' > St Croix & amp ; Outfitters | fishing Guide a that. Today and I floated a section of the St. Croix forms the eastern boundary between Maine and.!