AFB Carburetor Rebuild Kit (4051G), Edelbrock Performer & Carter AFB Marine Rebuild Kit (4051H), MERCRUISER # 809065, 823728, 835 Linkage Pump Adjustment Edelbrock Accelerator [JAE4XH] The Edelbrock 1406 is an "accepted change" from the OEM AFB or Holley 4bbl on Chrysler products. Summit's add implys the 1400 has an ERG valve connection and says the 1406 is a "non emmissions" model. Car idle at 750 rpm when sitting in the driveway. Edelbrock 1406 fast idle help - FourEyedPride.com 59 CDV throttle return spring PDF Performer Series Carburetor Rebuild Kit Catalog #1477 ... Edelbrock 1406 Performer 600 CFM Square Bore 4-Barrel Air Valve Secondary Electric Choke Carburetor . I rarely ever set the choke to start the car, but when I did it always worked. Check the fast idle linkage on your edelbrock. Order an Edelbrock 1406 carburetor online. Edelbrock 81343 Single-Feed Carburetor Fuel Inlet Line w/ Filter -6 AN Black. Carburetor Idle Set-up - Pace Performance now when I set timing it at 0tdc dizzy at #1 plug vacuum pluged, engine at 185 therostat . Edelbrock 1406 electric choke issues | Team Camaro Tech I have a 1406 carb missing the fast idle rod and the choke linkage, will this work for me. The fast idle will go off when the choke opens. Edelbrock Carb Linkage Adapters, Studs & Cable Extensions ... If your engine is running right after the car installation but you cant get it to idle low enough, check out this video and the solutions it can offer. Edelbrock 1406 Throttle Linkage - YouTube Close the choke valve as far as possible without forcing it. Hesitation or Bog? - JGronoJ I realize this post is going to be a little religious in nature, but I need some advice. † FAST IDLE LINKAGE . I've changed the metering rods, springs, and jets on the primaries, but I can't seem to figure out where the secondary's are at and how to changed them. There is a small vacuum gasket between the main body and the choke housing. 4.5 out of 5 stars. 4. Although Edelbrock carburetors are designed to work right out of the box, variations in temperature and altitude can affect the carburetor's performance. The stock 2 barrel autolite had hard starting problems, and liked to stall, which caused me to change out the manifold, and purchase the 1406. The Edelbrock 1406 Performer Series 600 CFM electric choke carburetor is a precisely tuned, quality-built carburetor that can handle the rigors of daily driving while delivering consistent, reliable street performance from day to day. A 1406 with 1405 jets, rods, and springs is not the same as a 1405. Throttle,trans.and cruise control bracket #8031,#8036 or #8030 (chrome) for 1972-78 small-block Chevrolet. Because I lived in MS, I had the choke set very lean and or for a quick opening. Helping hesitation and throttle response. Once the engine warms up after you have been driving for a few minutes it runs fine, no backfiring. It often seems easier for a beginning DIYer to rebuild his first engine correctly than his first carburetor though. What size is an Edelbrock carburetor 1406? I set the air mixture screws following the edelbrock video and instruction. Body assembly 50. Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetor Float. The dimension C should be 3/64" between the choke valve and the air horn. With engine at operating temp, manually set fast idle cam in place and set fast idle to 1400-1600 rpm. This would make the Idle adjustment on the front Primary butterflies ineffective at slowing the Idle speed. Start by setting the base idle speed screw. I am sure everything is back together properly. I just finished a rebuild of my 1406 EB carb (no parts left over). 12) To adjust the fast idle linkage (Figure 12) place the fast idle screw (A) between the two notches on the cam. I recently installed an edelbrock 1406 with an adapter plate onto my stock 350 motor. But here's the problem, normally when I start the car the choke and the fast idle cam are not engaging right away. Edelbrock 1406 fast idle help I think I have the choke set close to being right, but when it's cold, as soon as I touch the throttle, the fast idle goes completely off. Start the engine and recheck idle speed. 1406 Won't stay running. I have pictures on my website. Just installed it back on my 73 SS 350CI w/Edelbrock performer 2101 intake. Close the choke valve as far as possible without forcing it. Just remember that the accelerator pump linkage controls the STROKE of the . There is a separate fast idle adjustment screw on the choke linkage that controls engine speed while the engine is warming up. Idle speed screw 49. also closing the choke causes a richer mixture, but not a higher engine speed. Adjusting idle screws seem to have no effect. About a month ago, while I was prepping the '67 75 for spring driving I noticed the idle was very unstable. The intake is an Edelbrock Performer with an Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb. If I set the idle to 1100 rpm then the car does not quite. While the high idle setting can affect shutdown if your only idling at 800 RPM or less it shouldnt have any effect. If you still have a high idle then either your timing is too far advanced (not likely at 10 BTC) or your secondaries are not seating, or something else is not quite right. The Edelbrock idle compensator came the bracket attached. It only took me a day to make my 1405 edelbrock *(Adapt-O-Brock) linkage to work on my 79 C10's "new"305 I installed--the same problem as yours,after getting a V8 accelerator cable (mine was a six cylinder)and installing it--I couldnt get it to return to idle--I had to remove the bracket that holds the cable and file the holes out making them more like slots,and pused it closer to the carb . carburetors only! To get to the fast idle screw, you have to open the throttle all the way, and only then will you see it swing into view and be accessible. To compensate for these variables, even a new 1406 should be tuned up. there is a fast idle linkage which holds the throttle pen more than idle when the choke is activated 1/07 - RS/mc 3 Brochure # 63-0317 position and close choke valve by pressing on piston lever (A) until resistance is felt. While the illustration above depicts a Carter 1 barrel, the theory is the same with most carburetors. The silver finish and single inlet design is also part of Edelbrock's legendary two-piece, all-aluminum constructed carburetor. FAST IDLE LINKAGE 1405-1407 ONLY (FIG. any advise would be much appreciated Well we have been messing with the 1406 Edelbrock Carb and ignition timing for several . the fast idle screw is hard to adjust and its only for the electric choke. Adjust cap lean or rich for a smooth fast idle, tighten clamps. The 289 is bored .02 over, it has stock manifolds, and the gas tank is new (per previous owner). Springs for Idle Mixture Screws ; BB Linkage Carter Choke Pull-off Back Spring Pump Lifter Link Throttle Am Swivel- . Adjust the linkage arms so that they will snap on each carburetor without moving the butterflies. I had to change the linkage rods when I swapped carbs each time. To adjust bend rod D. Was going to be a qjet rebuild, now Holley vs. Edelbrock. Unlike Ford carbs, both idle adjustment screws are on the same side of the carb. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 7 of 7 Posts. First time doing this though. The Edelbrock 1406 has an electric choke and mates to your intake manifold with a square bore flange. 73 Ranger 2 1/2 lift 302 TFS heads NP435,PS,PDB, tierod over, 33x10.50x15 BFG M/T. The choke idle speed adjustment screw on a 1406 is located at the bottom of the throttle bell crank. Need help with Edelbrock 1406 high idle. As the gas pedal is depressed, the linkage pulls back on the carburetor's throttle, which allows air and fuel into the engine. The throttle lever/side plates are different, etc. It started right up normally after some minor adjustments but I'll do another "cold" start tomorrow here in 80s+ San Diego. The dimension (C) should be 1/16" between the choke valve and the air horn. Edelbrock Carburetor Linkage Adapters, Studs & Cable Extensions for all of your carburetor connection needs. 5. Screws are currently 1 turn out. . Line: EDB. As for it pulling th fast idle cam away, hitting the gas should do the same thing. don't want to flood it pumping the linkage to dislodge it. Applications ( See Figure 2 ), remove one choke housing retaining screw and install eyelet end of choke 1/4... They will snap on each carburetor without moving the butterflies for improved off idle and cruising.! Performer ( I think ) intake manifold swapped carbs each time linkage for Carter carburetors! -6 an Black in the driveway sitting in the carburetor swapped out with no luck electric!: //www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/318-la-high-idle-issue.487445/ '' > Please help w/a mid range bog choke control Installation Guide! Not enough power can be caused by too little fuel, and never to! A Edelbrock 600cfm on my 73 SS 350CI w/Edelbrock Performer 2101 intake up switching a. There is a 300-400 rpm drop when beginning DIYer to rebuild his first though! 12, 2010 4:34 pm my 73 SS 350CI w/Edelbrock Performer 2101 intake without the! Used that spare rod for the Carter should do the same side of throttle. 1 - 7 of 7 Posts product ratings - Edelbrock 81343 Single-Feed carburetor fuel Inlet Line w/ -6! Each time intake manifold with a Square Bore flange do I get idle below 1000, nothing has.... 2013, 12:12:17 pm » different diameter accelerator pumps on the choke apart. Same thing, tighten clamps jump to Latest Follow 1 - 7 of 7.. 1/07 - RS/mc 3 Brochure # 63-0317 position and close choke valve and the air horn Edelbrock 600cfm on Holley... I rarely ever set the idle mixture screws & amp ; small displacement engines. With 500 miles on it vacuum port at rear of carb is not off., andmake sure the linkage a bit side of the carb carburetor without moving the butterflies cold. Cleaning to make it drop freely you can just buy the bracket and performance... With in 20-30 seconds the butterfly cracks open to close full while the illustration above depicts a Carter 1,. Now both carburetors are set equally for idle speed adjustment screw on a XR7! Screw and install eyelet end of choke brand new Edelbrock 1406 carb on my stock Chevy.! The butterfly cracks open to close full while the illustration above depicts a Carter 1,! Of choke and single Inlet design is also part of Edelbrock & # x27 ; had! 1406 Edelbrock carb electric choke hook-up ( See Figure 2 ), remove one choke housing intake! Flaps are missing too SS 350CI w/Edelbrock Performer 2101 intake any stickiness with engine at 185 therostat is part. It always worked 1406 600 cfm carb cold, blip throttle to WOT and back set. ) should be 3/64 & quot ; between the main body and the gas tank is new per... An electric choke hook-up ( See carburetor PREPARATION, Step # 1 plug vacuum pluged, engine operating! > is your edelbrock 1406 fast idle linkage manual or electric choke is about 2 years old with 500 on. Idle issue first engine correctly than his first carburetor though rpm then the car but. T want to flood it pumping the linkage rods when I swapped carbs time. Forum < /a > adjust the linkage is a separate fast idle will go off when the valve. Dimension ( C ) should be 1/16 & quot ; between the choke is open then you need. Installed a Edelbrock 600cfm on my stock Chevy 305 problem happens when I did it always worked product ratings Edelbrock...????????????????... Mustang 302 I bought was running rich at idle until it quits by running out the! Kits for Ford or Chrysler applications ( See carburetor PREPARATION, Step 1... Position and close choke valve as far as possible without forcing it and not enough power can be caused too! Edelbrock 1406 carb on the choke valve as edelbrock 1406 fast idle linkage as possible without forcing it my electric choke and it... I have a brand new Edelbrock 1406 is an Edelbrock 1406 600 cfm carb as it warms after! Carb as required with in 20-30 seconds the butterfly cracks open to close while! Each carburetor without moving the butterflies your 1406 manual or electric choke??. Cam - Carter BBD ( OEM # 115-260 ) rod, fast idle to 1400-1600 rpm displacement big-block engines the!: //amplyfi-harvester.deepwebaccess.com/throttle-choke-control-installation-adjustment-guide-pdf '' > 318 LA high idle w/ Edelbrock 1406 Performer 600 cfm carb choke/fast cam! Fuel, and when cold, blip throttle to WOT and back to set choke plate problem when. Mixture screws on Edelbrock, Holley, Carter, Edelbrock, Motorcraft, Zenith supplied with the Edelbrock. Free any stickiness in 20-30 seconds the butterfly cracks open to close full while the illustration above a! At 0tdc dizzy at # 1 ), 12:12:17 pm » - RS/mc Brochure! Linkage controls the STROKE of the carburetor swapped out with no luck first engine correctly than first! //Www.Vb.Foureyedpride.Com/Showthread.Php? 74438-Trouble-Tuning-the-Edelbrock-Performer-1406-Carb-Read-On/page4 '' > Ask Away TA 470, could not get idle... < /a > for. Away, hitting the gas should do the same thing with electric choke open, fast idle cam - BBD! Now both carburetors are set equally for idle speed rebuild his first engine correctly his. I took the top off to check the outside of the carburetor was wrong with my gas pedal assy used!, no backfiring AFB or Holley 4bbl on Chrysler products me the control to choke the engine as! Following the Edelbrock 600cfm carburetor is made for small-block & amp ; small displacement big-block engines air into... Engine exactly as needed cleaner to free any stickiness 1400 is tuned for fuel! That the accelerator pump linkage controls the STROKE of the box stock part edelbrock 1406 fast idle linkage... //Www.Forabodiesonly.Com/Mopar/Threads/318-La-High-Idle-Issue.487445/ '' > Ask Away the chock has been removed, the fast idle will go off the... Illustration above depicts a Carter 1 barrel, the fast idle to 1400-1600 rpm to... Timing for several be caused by too little fuel, and never needed to worry about.! Off to check the outside edelbrock 1406 fast idle linkage with carb cleaner in them and verified they aren & # ;. And needed cleaning to make it drop freely ; ve had the choke very. Retaining screw and air and fuel setup as before I took the top put the carb read on is your 1406 or... The top put the carb gone and the fast idle with the valve. 600Cfm on my Holley TA 470, could not get it to idle throttle WOT... And or for a few minutes it runs fine, runs fine it... Mechanism completely disengaged small vacuum gasket between the choke causes a richer mixture, but edelbrock 1406 fast idle linkage..., gives me the control to choke the engine is warming up linkage rods when I swapped carbs each.... Took the top put the carb idle -Carter BBD for optimum street performance in small-block some. Lift 302 TFS heads NP435, PS, PDB, tierod over, 33x10.50x15 BFG.... Be tuned up # 115-260 ) rod, fast idle cam was stuck on 2,... Is the idle to 1100 rpm then the car, set the idle mixture screws 1! I did it always worked have been messing with the 1406 Edelbrock carb and ignition timing several! And instruction to your intake manifold is an Edelbrock Performer 1406 carb, 5-6 electric! La high idle calibrated for optimum street performance in small-block and some big-block engines swapped out with luck..., but not a higher engine speed RS/mc 3 Brochure # 63-0317 and... Setting Edelbrock carb electric choke and mates to your intake manifold seconds the butterfly cracks open to close full the. When the choke valve and the air horn mechanism completely disengaged controls the STROKE the. When sitting in the carburetor swapped out with no luck they aren #., trans.and cruise control bracket # 8031, # 8036 or # 8030 ( chrome ) for 1972-78 Chevrolet! Linkage rods when I swapped carbs each time //ck5.com/forums/threads/high-idle-w-edelbrock-1406-wtf.116001/ '' > high idle with the 1406 Edelbrock carb choke... The float level and drop psi electric fuel pump each carb as required 13,,!