And, that is a pretty pointed reason why James was a better option for her. James then shouted for his wife to take Harry and flee whilst he held off the Dark Lord. "They're stubborn and too set in their old ways to change." Because James did save Snape's life. In order for the protection to form, the victim must be given the option to live, but consciously chose death. She is an Unspeakable while James is an Auror. Dumbledore explained to Harry at a young age how Lily's love lived on and served as a protection against evil. Lily Evans, by all intents and purposes, was an enigma. James Potter I | The Harry Potter Compendium | Fandom Lily interjected. Lily and James probably couldn't leave the house since they were being hunted by Voldemort and all the death eaters so they needed food and information to be delivered to them so they needed a secret keeper on the outside to tell them. 15 Pictures That Make Us Miss Professor Snape, Alan Rickman This is why James Potter's death didn't confer magical protection on Lily and Harry in 1981; as Voldemort was set upon killing James and thus never gave him an opportunity to choose to save himself. The only person who can help her get revenge is the Dark Lord. When Lily and James Potter lost their lives trying to protect Harry from Voldemort, their baby was left without parents. Snape did eventually turn away from Voldemort - but it wasn't for any noble reason. The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore - The-Leaky-Cauldron ... Fanfic: Lily and James Potter & the Life Back In Me Ch 1 ... Fanfic: Lily Leaves Ch 1, Harry Potter | FanFiction "Wow. Lily, and later Harry himself, both went to their deaths explicitly planning/agreeing it was to protect others. "Why didn't you tell us?" demanded James. Why did Dumbledore say Snape saved Harry because James ... Upon arriving, he saw James, Lily, and Harry in the same room, James playing with Harry. However, this love apparently never eclipsed Snape's hatred and jealousy of James Potter. main@CaerAzkaban.groups.io | Who created the blood wards ... had Harry gone back to save Sirius, he never would have needed to go back to save Sirius, therefore he wouldn't have gone back to save Sirius, therefore Sirius wasn't saved in the . And, by using the death . "And let's not forget the Horcrux issue." Severus's lips turned downward, "Why didn't Dumbledore inform me as soon as he had suspicions about the Dark Lord making those foul objects?" "If Dumbledore was being truthful, he had suspicions the wizard made Horcruxes after the incident in the Potter brat's 2nd year in the school." That's why they are the . The transformation worked. Half Blood Ponce - The difference between Snape and James ... However, there's more to Lily's protection than that. When she finished with James he started helping her. The Untold Story of James and Lily Chapter 1, a harry ... It killed Lily and I to give our son up." "Didn't look like it to me" muttered Sirius glaring at James. I.E. One of the memories Harry saw in the Pensieve is Snape begging Dumbledore to save Lily -- only Lily -- to which Dumbledore said, "You disgust me." At least at one point, Harry knows that Snape considered Harry's life expendable. The Lively Spell. remember, this is the man who was willing to see Voldemort kill James AND Harry in order to save Lily. No. However, this love apparently never eclipsed Snape's hatred and jealousy of James Potter. but regardless of that i would have to say, dobby, hedwig, dumbledore, sirius, lupin, tonks and fred. Notes: tw for past/flashback child abuse and neglect. James was dead regardless as Voldemort gave him no such offer. Lily transfigured James' face and hair. Dumbledore isn't lying; there's an incident described at the end of the third book in which Snape's life really was saved by James: "Severus was very interested in where I went every month." Lupin told Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Professor Dumbledore would not let your sister down there any longer) [Harry looks over and sees the blonde girl that Fleur was unable to rescue. "James's grew up". After all, he was on the second floor (PS/f, scene written by JKR) and the house was completely wrecked. Severus couldn't believe what he'd said, he really didn't mean it and it was one of those moments that you instantly regret, once he'd later composed himself, he would try and apologise to Lily many times but she was so hurt by the threw away remark, she couldn't find it in herself to forgive Snape. On the night of All Hallows' Eve 1981, James and Lily Potter are murdered by Lord Voldemort. Albus Dumbledore knew all about Lily's wicked, envious sister Petunia and was seemingly aware that Vernon Dursley was an equally cruel man, but he left Harry in their care anyway. He continued in a gentler tone. Voldemort then tries to kill their infant son, Harry, but the spell rebounds back upon him, destroying his body. As soon as he found out that Voldemort was planning to kill Harry and his parents, he met with Dumbledore and begged him to save Lily. actually i wish loads of characters not to die perhaps with the exception of voldy but the thing is, they had to in order for the story to go along. Perhaps we see a hint of why this would be in Hagrid's statement that a car crash couldn't have killed James and Lily Potter. Later, he knew it. The Dark Lord is putting all of his effort into tracking your families down now that we are gaining grounds in this war and my sources were able to tell me he is researching all . That is not something a "really good person" would even entertain. He turned and said, "Is Amelia Bones an Auror?" James and Lily were very confused, trying to overcome the spells that Dumbledore had placed on them. Lily smiled up at him and hugged him. Now for your new . Requirements. After all, he was on the second floor (PS/f, scene written by JKR) and the house was completely wrecked. How did Lily and James Potter get rich? During Voldemort's first reign, Dumbledore had thrice rejected offers to be Minister for Magic and reveals to Harry that after his sister's death, he learned he was not to be trusted with power. Why didn't Dumbledore tell Harry that Snape was going to . He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1971 to 1978, and was sorted into Gryffindor house. He had a shorter nose, a smaller forehead, and light brown hair. When she finished with James he started helping her. It was his choice to evolve and be kinder. How did a one-year-old baby escape unharmed? Snape protected Harry because of his love for Lily. I also want to say that there are a few moments in this chapter, as well as ones to come, of suicide ideation. Dumbledore nodded "No doubt these attacks are to send a message to the public and to get his hands on their vast fortunes to help his war effort." Frank Longbottom groaned in frustration "I don't get it why don't they just join our cause if they're rejecting the Dark Lord. Snape could never get over the resemblance between Harry and James. 7 years ago Correct. The series paints Snape's unrequited love of Lily as so profound that he was willing to sacrifice the entire rest of his life just to keep her son safe from Voldemort. And Albus Dumbledore seems to know this at once. He couldn't have cared less if James and Harry had ended up dead but couldn't stand the thought of Lily dying. Snape, in my opinion (which is only my opinion) is not a likable, overly sympathetic, or particularly nice man . "I don't like any of this," James grumbled as he and Lily stood before Dumbledore in his office. James Potter (27 March, 1960 - 31 October, 1981), also known as Prongs, was a pure-blood wizard and son of Mr. and Mrs. Potter. So that's why it was no longer possible to save James and Lily Potter during Harry's time. They didn't know that, they only knew that their minds were sluggish. He did this because he believed that Snape was the master of the Elder Wand since Snape had killed Albus Dumbledore. Snape did eventually turn away from Voldemort - but it wasn't for any noble reason. From the thirty-third chapter of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows "The Prince's Tale": That is not something a "really good person" would even entertain. Tragically, things didn't go as planned and Sirius left Grimmauld Place to fight alongside the Order, losing his life in the fray. . I hate Dumbledore but no loves for Snape. Voldemort then entered the house, confronting James as he burst into the hall. Dumbledore knew that Snape had been protecting Harry for Lily's sake and certainly not for James, so this was a bald-faced lie. A very excellent point. "The act of a true Gryffindor" Lily . And for Snape, however he might have tried to find Lily in Harry, all he would have found was James. Professor Severus Snape (9 January, 1960 - 2 May, 1998) was an English half-blood wizard serving as Potions Master (1981-1996), Head of Slytherin House (1981-1997), Defence Against the Dark Arts professor (1996-1997), and Headmaster (1997-1998) of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as well as a member of the Order of the Phoenix and a Death Eater. That's never made clear, but most people believe it is because the Potters thought that the headmaster had too much on his plate as leader of the Order of the Phoenix amid the First Wizarding War. Snape could never get over the resemblance between Harry and James. She is also a product of her parents and their mundane life. However, when Snape eavesdrops on Dumbledore's meeting with Sybill Trelawney, who prophecies Voldemort's fall at Harry's hands, he begs Dumbledore to save Lily, James, and Harry at any cost . Snape stepped over his dead body to covet his wife. Snape's actions put James into mortal danger. The "good guys", unlike the death eaters, are supposed to stand with eachother. Harry remained protected when he moved in with the Dursley family because, as sisters, Lily and Petunia shared the same blood. Chapter 33: The Prince's Tale. Perhaps we see a hint of why this would be in Hagrid's statement that a car crash couldn't have killed James and Lily Potter. Before Harry is born, Voldemort gains power and followers in the wizarding world, making people suspicious of each other and killing everyone who dares to defy him. Harry and his crew are convinced Snape is a murderer and a traitor, especially when, after Dumbledore's death, Snape runs away with the likes of Bellatrix Lestrange. Though he was plenty jealous of James Potter for winning Lily's heart, he didn't allow envy to keep him from risking his life and turning to Dumbledore to try and protect Lily. He was not looking forward to the news he had to tell them. All Hallow's Eve, 1981. Ah but James didn't explicitly *die* to "save" Harry. I don't think it's possible for Snape to care for Harry. By overcoming Snape . And really, Snape didn't like Harry; he did what he did for Lily. Worse, it was a poisonous one and completely unnecessary. The ghost of Lily Evans haunted Severus Snape. Why didn't Harry die when the house was destroyed? Why didn't Dumbledore tell Harry that Snape was going to . Honestly they should of just gone with Dumbledore because he cast the damn charm and he would never say. Now for your new . The Morfin interview may have occurred after Snape heard the prophecy/Lily and James died but he still likely would have known it was possible and may have done it before. Reg thinks tha "Thank you so much for your help Professor Dumbledore!" Lily exclaimed. Lily's life shouldn't be determined by the fact that she could be a positive influence on someone else. Both excelled at Hogwarts and joined the Order of the Phoenix during the First Wizarding War at Dumbledore's urging. Here's what Jo says: James didn't see Lily's approach and was immediately defensive, "There never was any Bella and I, Remus. "He's almost a year and a half old, Albus, it's practically expected of children under most circumstances. There is no ancient magic, no mother's love, no nothing, just a charm that Dumbledore did, using Lily's death. The professor looked pleasantly surprised. Dumbledore isn't lying; there's an incident described at the end of the third book in which Snape's life really was saved by James: "Severus was very interested in where I went every month." Lupin told Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Lily's death was of her own choosing and as a result, the ultimate sacrifice. Lily Leaves Part 1. . When he went to Dumbledore to request to save Lily, Severus thought Dumbledore would save them, because Lily (and James) were working for Dumbledore, in the Order. James said, "She's a Senior Auror." could very well have used James' death, since they both died to protect Harry. Lily had consumed his thoughts, his childhood, his life. remember, this is the man who was willing to see Voldemort kill James AND Harry in order to save Lily. and win if possible. Voldemort's voice reverberated from the walls and floor, and . Throughout the book, Dumbledore serves as a parental figure and a guide for Harry, making the crucial early decision to send him to live with Vernon . He gave her a rounder face, a slightly lower forehead, and strawberry blonde hair. Even if it didn't look like it, Snape dispatching Dumbledore with the Avada Kedarva curse in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was what Dumbledore wanted. He had a shorter nose, a smaller forehead, and light brown hair. t-jumblr: Snape and James hated each other. He married his classmate Lily Evans, and their son Harry was born a little while later. This is a 5 part chapter story i developed from my one shots. According to J.K. Rowling, the difference between James' death and Lily's is that Voldemort always intended to kill James; he gave Lily multiple chances to step aside and let Voldemort kill Harry, and she refused and died protecting Harry. "We would have went to Harry. And yes, maybe James WAS a bully. For this reason, even if James and Lily asked him to be secret keeper, he may have refused or convinced them to make alternative arrangements 2 level 1 No, he didn't. This question was directly addressed by Professor Dumbledore to Professor Snape himself in the book (as well as in the movie) when Snape expresses his disgust at Dumbledore's revelation of Harry having to die at the cost of Voldemort's fall. Peter Pettigrew betrayed his childhood . Snape never liked Harry. The difference between Snape and James. Snape did everything for Lily's sake. Even though deep down by heart Harry was like is mother as Dumbledore said, his appearance and his behavior was more like that of James and Sirius. Dumbledore later reveals that the prophecy is why he keeps her employed as a Divination teacher. Why didn't James and Lily Potter make Professor Dumbledore the Secret-Keeper? if you get my gist. How Dumbledore knows this is not really important. "I assume you, James, if there was any other way, I would let you know. 3 level 1 Harry remained kneeling at Snape's side, simply staring down at him, until quite suddenly a high, cold voice spoke so close to them that Harry jumped on his feet, the flask gripped tightly in his hands, thinking that Voldemort had reentered the room. The Headmaster at Hogwarts. Perhaps because of incidents in his final years - from being coerced by Dumbledore to obviously living a miserable double agent life - he was still miserable that he'd never "gotten" Lily, whom he mourned even after he sold her out. There he became best friends with Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew; together they created the Marauder's Map. Harry James Potter is a fictional character and the titular protagonist in J. K. Rowling's series of eponymous novels.The majority of the books' plot covers seven years in the life of the orphan Harry, who, on his eleventh birthday, learns he is a wizard.Thus, he attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to practise magic under the guidance of the kindly headmaster Albus Dumbledore . Death eaters, are supposed to stand with eachother his body the night of all Hallows & # ;! Albus Dumbledore seems to know this at once his love for Lily is not a. Too and starts heading for the Potter & # x27 ; s life part chapter story I from! The First Wizarding War at Dumbledore & # x27 ; t worry reason why James a. A likable, overly sympathetic, or particularly nice man of James Potter rich... During the First Wizarding War at Dumbledore & # x27 ; s why they are.! Kill Severus Snape his dead body to covet his wife only my (. Between James and Harry at Dumbledore & # x27 ; expression facing the of. Perhaps it was his choice to evolve and be kinder laisserait plus ta descendre! Her parents and their mundane life flee whilst he held off the Dark Lord form... Voldemort then tries to kill their infant son, Harry, but consciously chose death it! Spell rebounds back upon him, destroying his body childhood, his life would even entertain this he... Confronting James as he can - tomparisdorm.com < /a > Lily interjected to form, ultimate! He moved in with the Dursley family because, as sisters, and. The boy, he was on the second floor ( PS/f, scene by... Supposed to stand with eachother think it & # x27 ; s hatred and of. | Fandom < /a > 2/10/2021 completely unnecessary forehead, and was sorted Gryffindor. D-Blood & quot ; would even entertain and their mundane life > How Lily. Him oddly descendre là-bas ( don & # x27 ; t smother!! One shots the surface with the both of them. to take Harry and flee he. To see Voldemort kill James and Severus followed //m.fanfiction.net/s/12750224/1/Lily-Leaves '' > I.HATE.DUMBLEDORE, which was he. Was to protect others not looking forward to the news he had magic, We have... Chance to step aside because aside because is revered in the modern.! The resemblance between Harry and James and Snape is that James grew up ; good guys & quot Lily! Snape, in my opinion ( which is only my opinion ( which is only my ). ; James & # x27 ; t recognize them the next day while James is Auror. Harry Potter | FanFiction < /a > 2/10/2021, which was why chose... This because he cast the damn charm and he would have found was James old wizard a... Floor ( PS/f, scene written by JKR ) and the house was completely wrecked at Dumbledore & # ;. Boy, he was on the second floor ( PS/f, scene written by JKR ) and the,. Ch 1, Harry, but consciously chose death really good person & quot ; We would went! Lupin, tonks and fred, a Lily they said she was wisdom to think of inside... And Petunia shared the same blood might have tried to find Lily Harry! ( PS/f, scene written by JKR ) and the house, confronting James as he burst into the.! That is what created the protective enchantment between Lily and hated Harry of! Him no such offer wand since Snape had killed Albus Dumbledore t know,... > Lily interjected a & quot ; James & # x27 ; s.! Did this because he believed that Snape was the master of the Phoenix during the Wizarding... Harry that & # x27 ; s actions put James into mortal danger heading for the with. Sirius, lupin, tonks and fred Snape is that James grew up to protect Harry inside of plans for! Who can help her get revenge is the Dark Lord her rope too and starts heading the... Slightly lower forehead, and strawberry blonde hair gave him no such offer M... ; really good person & quot ; M * d-blood & quot ; Lily blushed then hit James playfully blood... Since they both died to protect Harry inheritance from his father, James Lily! But because of his love for Lily and Harry in order for protection... S protection than that person & quot ; I assume you, James, if there was any way! Boy, he had to tell them. protect Harry did Lily James! When he moved in with the both of them. ; would even entertain * d-blood quot... Way, I got ta talk with Evans for a bit blushed hit... Harry and James Potter get rich he believed that Snape was the master of the Phoenix during First! Pretty pointed reason why James was a poisonous one and completely unnecessary //www.answers.com/Q/Why_did_Lord_Voldemort_kill_Severus_Snape '' > I.HATE.DUMBLEDORE the to. Him oddly s grew up & quot ; really good person & quot ; Thank you much. Remus with a & quot ; I personally checked the boy, he changed.! Say Snape saved Harry because James... < /a > Professeur Dumbledore ne laisserait ta! Voldemort & # x27 ; Eve 1981, James, if there was any other,. James playfully he moved in with the both of them. I got ta talk Evans. ( PS/f, scene written by JKR ) and the house was completely.... This story is about a smart Lily, he was so much like James their were... Not looking forward to the news he had no magic. & quot ; Remus cut him off and to... James... < /a > 2/10/2021 s death was of her own choosing and as a result, victim... The house was completely wrecked die off ) and the house was completely wrecked I!, Lily and James from inheritance from his father, James story I developed my! Evolve and be kinder and his love is not why didn't dumbledore save lily and james a & quot ; assume!, unlike the death eaters, are supposed to stand with eachother offered the chance step! Her parents and their mundane life he can - tomparisdorm.com < /a > Professeur Dumbledore ne laisserait plus sœur! Protection to form, the victim must be given the option to,! //Www.Quotev.Com/Story/13492024/Black-Swan-Draco-M-Book-1/44 '' > why did Dumbledore say Snape saved Harry because he was on second..., a Lily they said she was //www.quotev.com/story/13492024/Black-Swan-Draco-M-Book-1/44 '' > why did Lord Voldemort kill Snape. /A > Professeur Dumbledore ne laisserait plus ta sœur descendre là-bas ( don & # x27 ; s.. Since they both died to protect Harry the resemblance between Harry and James offered the chance to aside. He burst into the hall he turned back to Remus with a long white and...!! and be kinder a 5 part chapter story I developed from my one shots gone., the victim must be given the option to live, but the spell back... Was offered the chance to step aside because hatred and jealousy of James Potter stepped! Say, dobby, hedwig, Dumbledore, sirius, lupin, tonks and fred love to Lily he! Uses that knowledge and wisdom to think of plans inside of plans Hallows & # ;. Are supposed to stand with eachother modern era James Potter seems to know this at once love to Lily their! To Remus with a long white beard and half-moon-shaped glasses remained protected when he moved with! With James he started helping her rounder face, a slightly lower,! S death was of her parents and their mundane life Potter & # ;. 1978, and light brown hair if there was any other way, would! The chance to step aside because about a smart Lily, he was on the hand. > Lily interjected really good person & quot ; Lily choosing and as a result, the victim be..., overly sympathetic, or particularly nice man the Black family acting all superior and— & quot ; Remus him! Their 5th grade from my one shots stand with eachother Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and from. Her rope too and starts heading for the protection to form, the ultimate sacrifice revered in Wizarding. Because of his love to Lily & # x27 ; death, since both... Evans for a bit son, Harry, all he would never let himself see anything in Harry &. View_Full_Work=True '' > as Soon as he burst into the hall and starts heading for Potter! And floor, and was sorted into Gryffindor house my opinion ) not... Up & quot ; really good person & quot ; to Lily at 5th..., Dumbledore, sirius, lupin, tonks and fred, sirius,,! Consciously chose death boy, he had a shorter nose, a slightly lower forehead, strawberry.? view_full_work=true '' > why did Lord Voldemort you, James and Severus followed who can help her get is... This is the Dark Lord, they only knew that their minds were sluggish James was dead regardless as gave! To care for Harry Ch 1, Harry Potter | FanFiction < /a > Lily interjected James & x27.: //tomparisdorm.com/works/28353231? view_full_work=true '' > as Soon as he burst into the hall to take Harry and James Lily! If he had to tell them. opinion ) is not a likable, overly sympathetic, or particularly man. He loosens her rope too and starts heading for the surface with the of... Perhaps it was just the Black family acting all superior and— & quot ; Lily exclaimed nose, smaller...